Buteline NZ Ltd (“Buteline”) warrants that all products within the Pexline Plumbing System (including pipes and fittings) (“Pexline System”) will be free from manufacturing defects for a period of 25 years from the date of manufacture (“Warranty”) and that the Pexline System meets:
The durability requirements of the New Zealand Building Code;
- The Australia/New Zealand joint standards AS/NZS 2492 and AS/NZS 2537; and
- The standards set out in the Acceptable Solutions and Verification Methods G12 Water Supplies document (3rd edition, amendment 12) prepared by the Ministry of Business, Innovation & Employment.
Installation Requirements:Installation of the Pexline System must be carried out:
- By a licensed plumber;
- Strictly in accordance with the latest version available at the date of installation, of Pexline’s Plumbers Technical & Installation Manual, which may be found at www.buteline.com/nz/pexline
- In compliance with local and national plumbing regulations; and
- In accordance with the Acceptable Solutions and Verification Methods G12 Water Supplies document (3rd edition, amendment 12) prepared by the Ministry of Business, Innovation & Employment, including the requirement to use a suitable tempering valve for all hot water systems to be utilised for personal hygiene.
Exclusions:This Warranty does not apply if:
- The Installation Requirements set out above have not been met;
- The Pexline System has not been installed in a proper and workmanlike manner to the highest possible standard expected of a licensed plumber;
- The Pexline System has been installed in an incompatible or unsuitable environment where it is not fit for purpose, including if any system design is unsuitable;
- The Pexline System has not been used or maintained in accordance with Buteline’s instructions;
- The Pexline System has been modified, incorrectly adjusted or operated; or
- The Pexline System has been subjected to corrosive or foreign solutions or chemicals (including highly chlorinated water that does not meet the standards set by the World Health Organisation) either internally within or externally around the Pexline System.
Consumer Guarantees Act: This Warranty is in addition to and does not exclude or limit a consumer’s rights in relation to the Pexline System or its installation under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (New Zealand).
Limitations: This Warranty is subject to the following limitations:
- Buteline’s liability under this Warranty is limited to the cost of repairing or replacing the defective products within the Pexline System (at Buteline’s discretion).
- Buteline will not be liable for the cost of any inspection, return, removal or reinstallation of any defective products or labour or other costs which may arise as a result of any claim under this Warranty.
- The Warranty only applies to pipes, fittings and joints within the Pexline System and does not extend to any other pipe, fitting or joint not made by Pexline or Buteline.
- Any claim under this Warranty must be made within 30 days of any potential claim being identified.
- Buteline does not in any way warrant the workmanship of any party that installs the Pexline System, nor does it warrant the system design incorporating the Pexline System by any party.
- This Warranty is only valid for products sold and installed in New Zealand, Asia and the Pacific.
Claims: To claim under this Warranty:
- Please contact Buteline at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org and send us the invoice for the products (as proof of purchase) and the installer’s details, including their plumbing licence number.
- A Buteline representative will be in contact within 48 hours of receipt of your claim.
- Any products that are the subject of a claim cannot be destroyed or removed from the installation site until we have inspected the same or waived our right to do so in writing.