Buteline NZ Ltd (“Buteline”) warrants that all products within the Buteline Plumbing System (including pipes and fittings) (“Buteline System”) will be free from manufacturing defects for a period of 25 years from the date of manufacture (“Warranty”) and that the Buteline System meets:
- The durability requirements of the New Zealand Building Code;
- The Australia/New Zealand joint standard AS/NZS 2642; and
- The standards set out in the Acceptable Solutions and Verification Methods G12 Water Supplies document (3rd edition, amendment 12) prepared by the Ministry of Business, Innovation & Employment.
This Warranty is strictly subject to the following terms and conditions.
Installation Requirements: Installation of the Buteline System must be carried out:
- By a licensed plumber;
- Strictly in accordance with the latest version available at the date of installation, of Buteline’s Plumbers Technical & Installation Manual, which may be found at www.buteline.com/nz/buteline;
- In compliance with local and national plumbing regulations; and
- In accordance with the Acceptable Solutions and Verification Methods G12 Water Supplies document (3rd edition, amendment 12) prepared by the Ministry of Business, Innovation & Employment, including the requirement to use a suitable tempering valve for all hot water systems to be utilised for personal hygiene.
Exclusions: This Warranty does not apply if:
- The Installation Requirements set out above have not been met;
- The Buteline System has not been installed in a proper and workmanlike manner to the highest possible standard expected of a licensed plumber;
- The Buteline System has been installed in an incompatible or unsuitable environment where it is not fit for purpose, including if any system design is unsuitable;
- The Buteline System has not been used or maintained in accordance with Buteline’s instructions;
- The Buteline System has been modified, incorrectly adjusted or operated; or
- The Buteline System has been subjected to corrosive or foreign solutions or chemicals (including highly chlorinated water that does not meet the standards set by the World Health Organisation) either internally within or externally around the Buteline System.
Consumer Guarantees Act: This Warranty is in addition to and does not exclude or limit a consumer’s rights in relation to the Buteline System or its installation under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (New Zealand).
Limitations: This Warranty is subject to the following limitations:
- Buteline’s liability under this Warranty is limited to the cost of repairing or replacing the defective products within the Buteline System (at Buteline’s discretion).
- Buteline will not be liable for the cost of any inspection, return, removal or reinstallation of any defective products or labour or other costs which may arise as a result of any claim under this Warranty.
- Any claim under this Warranty must be made within 30 days of any potential claim being identified.
- Buteline does not in any way warrant the workmanship of any party that installs the Buteline System, nor does it warrant the system design incorporating the Buteline System by any party.
- This Warranty is only valid for products sold and installed in New Zealand, Asia and the Pacific.
- Please contact Buteline at the following address: email@example.com and send us the invoice for the products (as proof of purchase) and the installer’s details, including their plumbing licence number.
- A Buteline representative will be in contact within 48 hours of receipt of your claim.
- Any products that are the subject of a claim cannot be destroyed or removed from the installation site until we have inspected the same or waived our right to do so in writing.